Fire burns shanties in Bhasantek
A massive fire has raged through Dhaka's Bhasantek slum, leaving several shanties in ashes.
No casualties have been reported so far, said Bhasantek Police OC Munshi Sabbir Ahmed.
The fire broke out around midnight on Monday. Ten fire-fighting units managed to bring the flames under control around 1am, said Fire Service Control Room Officer Mahfuz.
Residents of the slum said the fire originated from electrical malfunction, but the cause was not confirmed by fire officials.