Monday, 22 October, 2018, 11:22 PM
Home Law & Justice

your Legal Advisor

Published : Thursday, 20 September, 2018 at 12:00 AM Count : 529

Dear readers,
this week Your legal advisor is Ishrat Hasan, Advocate, The Supreme Court of Bangladesh. She is  Managing partner of the renowned law firm namely, 'The Law Consultant', Eastern Mansion, 67/9 Pioneer Road, Kakrail, Dhaka, which professionally deals mainly with corporate law, cyber Law, commercial law, family law, employment and labor law, land law, banking law, constitutional law, criminal law, IPR and in conducting litigations before courts of different hierarchies. She can be reached at - cell: 01521515654 e-mail:

I got involved in an altercation with my brother over some money which my father gave him for business purpose. Later my brother's brother-in-law, a local leader of an influential political party complained against me at the local police station by filing a G.D. and tried to persuade the Officer In-Charge of the Police Station to arrest me on the plea that I have broken all the valuable things of his sister.  After my post-graduation, I have applied more than five times in different government organizations. But as my police report came in negative I was rejected every time. I am concerned of my career.

Khandakar Amjad Hossain
Dhanmondi, Dhaka.

Thank you very much for your query.
I have carefully examined your problem. Whatever has happened between your brother and your family comes within the ambit of 'family matter' as it is usually said. Causing little damage to households at the spur of the moment should not be the concern of law or of any outsider. But that goes scale wise. If the scale of damage is substantial, then law may take its course. Your personal case is unfortunate indeed.

It is really difficult to answer your query from exclusively legal point of view in that they involve a blend of social, political and legal questions to be adequately addressed. You cannot take any action, in the circumstances, against the political leader. The Govt. and the NGO's as of practice make recruitment subject to the police report. Govt. can, if so wants, verify the police dossier but the NGO's do not have any mechanism to do so. The police is not empowered to interfere with anybody's family problem unless the same constitutes an offence made cognizable by law.

« PreviousNext »

Latest News
Most Read News
Editor : Iqbal Sobhan Chowdhury
Published by the Editor on behalf of the Observer Ltd. from Globe Printers, 24/A, New Eskaton Road, Ramna, Dhaka.
Editorial, News and Commercial Offices : Aziz Bhaban (2nd floor), 93, Motijheel C/A, Dhaka-1000. Phone :9586651-58. Online: 9513959, Advertisement: 9513663
E-mail:,,,,   [ABOUT US]     [CONTACT US]   [AD RATE]   Developed & Maintenance by i2soft