Keep your heart healthy
You make many choices every day, like what color socks to wear or how to fix your hair. When it comes to making decisions that keep you healthy, it may seem difficult to choose better options when so many things seem easier or just more fun. You just need to take small steps in a healthy direction and that begins by knowing the healthy choices! Then it gets easier to make choices every day that help keep you healthy. Heart is the central organ of our body, keeping it healthy is a must to keep hearty. The heart is a muscular organ in most animals, which pumps blood through the blood vessels of the circulatory system.Blood provides the body with oxygen and nutrients, as well as assists in the removal of metabolic wastes.In humans, the heart is located between the lungs, in the middle compartment of the chest.
How can I keep my heart healthy?
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the Bangladesh. Take steps today to lower your risk of heart disease.
To help prevent heart disease, you can:
* Avoid smoking and using tobacco products.
* Be physically active every day.
* Eat a heart-healthy diet.
* Keep a healthy weight.
* Keep your blood pressure healthy.
* Keep your total cholesterol healthy.
* Keep your blood sugar healthy.
Am I at risk for heart disease?
Everyone is at risk for heart disease. But you are at higher risk for heart disease if you:
* Have high cholesterol or high blood pressure
* Are overweight or obese
* Don't get enough physical activity
* Don't eat a healthy diet
Your age and family history also affect your risk for heart disease. Your risk is higher if:
* You are a woman over age 55
* You are a man over age 45
* Your father or brother had heart disease before age 55
* Your mother or sister had heart disease before age 65.