Rising PCOS problem in Bangladesh
Some women start seeing symptoms around the time of their first period. Others only discover they have PCOS after they've gained a lot of weight or they've had trouble getting pregnant.
PCOS can disrupt the menstrual cycle, leading to fewer periods. Acne, hair growth, weight gain, and dark skin patches are other symptoms of the condition.
The rising number of PCOS in Bangladesh is really alarming. It not only effects your looks (Induces acne, hair fall, unwanted facial hair, dullness of skin, acanthosis, obesity etc. ) but also your wellness & fertility.
The most common PCOS symptoms are:
* Irregular periods: A lack of ovulation prevents the uterine lining from shedding every month. Some women with PCOS get fewer than eight periods a year (10).
* Heavy bleeding: The uterine lining builds up for a longer period of time, so the periods you do get can be heavier than normal.
* Hair growth: More than 70 percent of women with this condition grow hair on their face and body - including on their back, belly, and chest (11). Excess hair growth is called hirsutism.
* Acne: Male hormones can make the skin oilier than usual and cause breakouts on areas like the face, chest, and upper back.
* Weight gain: Up to 80 percent of women with PCOS are overweight or obese (11).
* Male-pattern baldness: Hair on the scalp gets thinner and fall out.
* Darkening of the skin: Dark patches of skin can form in body creases like those on the neck, in the groin, and under the breasts.
* Headaches: Hormone changes can trigger headaches in some women.