Choose the best answer:
01. People living near river banks have to ___e erosion. Which one is the appropriate phrase for the gap?
A. be affected B. bear the brunt of
C. bear the brand of D. bear the affect of
02. Choose the odd pair:
A. live : life
B. examine : examination
C. study : studious
D. prove : proof
03. She always makes a scene in parties. She is not playing with a full deck. Here 'not playing with a full deck' means-
A. not sane B. not loud
C. not sporty D. not pretty
Find the correct sentence (Q. 4-5):
A. It's none of your business.
B. It is no one your business.
C. It is not one your business.
D. It is not any of your business.
A. I cost the book Tk. 50
B. The book cost me Tk. 50
C. The book prices Tk. 50
D. The book is fifty Taka to cost
06. On the first day of the project, the Manager said, "Let's get the ball rolling." Here 'let's get the ball rolling' means-
A. rolling the iron balls to demolish old buildings
B. starting the wheels of the tractors
C. starting work with vigour
D. starting the project with footballs
07. The family feud was exacerbated by the intervention of the sisters. Here 'exacerbated' means-
A. aggravated B. excommunicated
C. alleviated D. solved
Choose the correct meaning of the underlined words/phrases (Q. 8-9):
08. At the end of the examination, students embraced each other.
A. Welcomed B. Hugged
C. Greeted D. Shook hands
09. English is a dominant language.
A. Important B. Essential
C. Irrelevant D. Powerful
Answer: 1. B, 2. C, 3. A, 4. A, 5. B, 6. C, 7. A, 8. B, 9. D