Space For Rent

Space For Rent
Friday, February 27, 2015, Falgun 15, 1421 BS, Jamadi ul Awwal 7, 1436 Hijr


DU classroom catches fire
Published : Friday, 27 February, 2015,  Time : 12:00 AM,  View Count : 5

DU Correspondent
A fire broke out at a classroom of Dhaka University's (DU) Urdu Department on Thursday afternoon.
The department's Chairman Prof Dr Md Israfil said that the incident occurred at room no. 3055 of the Arts Faculty around 1:15pm.
The staff of the department managed to extinguish the fire after frantic efforts.
"Furniture and a computer in the classroom were gutted during the fire," he added.
Dr Israfil suspected that a section of the hartal supporters might have sabotaged the incident.
"A three-member probe committee has been formed in this regard and the investigation committee was asked to submit report by three working days," he informed.














Editor : Iqbal Sobhan Chowdhury
Published by the Editor on behalf of the Observer Ltd. from Globe Printers, 24/A, New Eskaton Road, Ramna, Dhaka. Editorial, News and Commercial Offices : Aziz Bhaban (2nd floor), 93, Motijheel C/A, Dhaka-1000. Phone :9586651-58. Fax: 9586659-60, Advertisemnet: 9513663, E-mail: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]