Saturday, 25 June, 2022, 5:45 PM
Advance Search
latest
Home Countryside

Siblings die inhaling toxic gas in Chandpur

Published : Tuesday, 17 May, 2022 at 12:34 PM  Count : 396
Observer Correspondent

Siblings die inhaling toxic gas in Chandpur

Siblings die inhaling toxic gas in Chandpur

Two brothers died after inhaling toxic gas in a septic tank of an under-construction building at Hajiganj upazila in Chandpur district on Tuesday.

Construction workers by profession, deceased Golam Rabbani, 30, and his younger brother Mohan, 28, were the sons of Sajeman Ali of Sukhandighi in the upazila.

Mohan went inside the septic tank for removing bamboo sticks of a building at Hajiganj Bazar this morning.

Suddenly, he fell unconscious inside the tank. Getting no response, Rabbani also went down the septic tank and fell unconscious, co-workers said.

Later, they informed Hajiganj Fire Service and Civil Defence.

Being informed, firefighting personnel went to the spot and rescued the duo in critical condition.

They were rushed to Hajignj Upazila Hospital where the on-duty doctor declared the brothers dead on arrival, said Hajiganj Police Station officer in-charge Mohammad Jobair Syeed.

MH/ASH



« PreviousNext »



Latest News
Most Read News
Editor : Iqbal Sobhan Chowdhury
Published by the Editor on behalf of the Observer Ltd. from Globe Printers, 24/A, New Eskaton Road, Ramna, Dhaka.
Editorial, News and Commercial Offices : Aziz Bhaban (2nd floor), 93, Motijheel C/A, Dhaka-1000. Phone: PABX 223353467, 223353481-2; Online: 9513959; Advertisement: 9513663.
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],   [ABOUT US]     [CONTACT US]   [AD RATE]   Developed & Maintenance by i2soft