Wednesday, 21 February, 2024, 4:25 AM
Advance Search
Home

MBBS admission test results published, female students ahead

Published : Sunday, 11 February, 2024 at 3:19 PM  Count : 2849

MBBS admission test results published, female students ahead

MBBS admission test results published, female students ahead



The MBBS admission test results for 2023-24 academic sessions have been published. The pass rate is 47.83 per cent.

A total of 49,923 examinees passed in the admission test which was held on Friday (February 9).

Health and Family Welfare Minister Dr Samanta Lal Sen announced the results at a press conference held at the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) at Mohakhali in the capital on Sunday.

Like the previous year, the pass number in the admission test was 40.

The results showed that the pass rate of male students was 40.98 per cent (20,457), while the pass rate of female students was 59.02 (29,466). The number of male students received chances to get admission into public medical colleges are 2,312 (43%), while the number of female students received chances to get admission into public medical colleges are 3,068 (57%).

The MBBS admission test was held at 44 institutions of 19 centres of the country on Friday (February 10) morning simultaneously. A total of 1,04,374 students applied for taking part in the admission test. Some 98 per cent of them took part in the admission test this year. There are 5,380 seats in the country's 37 public medical colleges, while 6,295 seats in 67 private medical colleges.

Tanjeem Muntaka Shorba secured first place getting 92.5 marks. She obtained 92.5 marks in the admission test. She appeared at HSC examination from Holy Cross College in Dhaka in 2023.

How to know the results:

Students will be able to know their results visiting the DGHS website: https://result.dghs.gov.bd/mbbs using their roll numbers.

Besides, the results related information has been published on the website of Directorate General of Medical Education at: https://dgme.portal.gov.bd/

The MBBS admission test is a 100 marks exam where each question is worth 1 mark, and 0.25 marks are deducted for each wrong answer. Students who score less than 40, out of 100, numbers are considered failed. They will not be considered eligible for admission.

A total of 1,04,374 examinees vied for 11,675 seats of 104 medical colleges across the country.

TF/SZA

Related Topics

MBBS  








Latest News
Most Read News
Editor : Iqbal Sobhan Chowdhury
Published by the Editor on behalf of the Observer Ltd. from Globe Printers, 24/A, New Eskaton Road, Ramna, Dhaka.
Editorial, News and Commercial Offices : Aziz Bhaban (2nd floor), 93, Motijheel C/A, Dhaka-1000.
Phone: PABX- 41053001-06; Online: 41053014; Advertisement: 41053012.
E-mail: info$dailyobserverbd.com, news$dailyobserverbd.com, advertisement$dailyobserverbd.com, For Online Edition: mailobserverbd$gmail.com
  [ABOUT US]     [CONTACT US]   [AD RATE]   Developed & Maintenance by i2soft