Monday, 15 July, 2024, Reg No- 06
Advance Search

Two sisters die from 'food poisoning' in Naogaon

Published : Wednesday, 10 July, 2024 at 8:09 PM  Count : 234

Two sisters die from 'food poisoning' in Naogaon

Two sisters die from 'food poisoning' in Naogaon

Two minor sisters died from suspected food poisoning allegedly after eating biscuits in Naogaon Sadar upazila on Wednesday.

A 16-year-old boy Moin Islam, who also fell sick after eating biscuits, is undergoing treatment at Naogaon Sadar Hospital.
The deceased were identified as Khadija, 6, and her eight-month-old sister Tabassum, daughters of Jahurul of Dogachhi School Para under the Sadar upazila.

The deceased uncle Shahjahan Ali said the trio ate biscuits they bought from a local shop and then started vomiting on Tuesday afternoon. After giving them first aid at home the sisters were rushed to Sadar Hospital where physicians declared Tabassum dead. 

Khadija also breathed her last on way to Rajshahi Medical College Hospital, he said, adding that Moin is receiving treatment at the Sadar Hospital.

Naogaon Sadar Model Police Station officer-in-charge Jahidul Haque confirmed the deaths quoting physicians that the children might have died due to food poisoning from the biscuits.

The reason behind their deaths will be ascertained after autopsy, he said, adding that the bodies will be handed over to the families after completion of legal procedures.

A case was filed in this regard, the OC added.


Related Topics

Naogaon   food poison  

Latest News
Most Read News
Editor : Iqbal Sobhan Chowdhury
Published by the Editor on behalf of the Observer Ltd. from Globe Printers, 24/A, New Eskaton Road, Ramna, Dhaka.
Editorial, News and Commercial Offices : Aziz Bhaban (2nd floor), 93, Motijheel C/A, Dhaka-1000.
Phone: PABX- 41053001-06; Online: 41053014; Advertisement: 41053012.
E-mail: info©, news©, advertisement©, For Online Edition: mailobserverbd©
  [ABOUT US]     [CONTACT US]   [AD RATE]   Developed & Maintenance by i2soft